This website uses cookies to enable certain features and to improve the offer. By continuing, you agree to the use of cookies. More informations ...
Sprache:
 

Corporate Development

HISTORY

1930
The first gas cylinder plants are established in Babelsberg and Elterlein.
1949
Re-launch of the cylinder plant.
1989
The sole manufacturer of welded gas cylinders in the GDR, with total production of approx. seven million cylinders (in Elterlein).
2002
Cylinder production in Elterlein ceases.
Opening of the GWG production plant in Grünhain, the only manufacturer of welded gas cylinders in Germany.
2005
The 1,000,000th cylinder is produced in Grünhain.
2007
GWG now has two separate assembly lines (new cylinders and cylinders returning for inspection).
2008
GWG now has use of two welding robots for automated welding on of handles and flanges – this eases the burden on employees, improves quality and raises production by 120 percent.
2009
Commissioning of the new, fully mechanised processing area for the preparation of cylinders returning for inspection. The production of new cylinders is increased through a modern drawing centre,especially developed for GWG.
2011
GWG receives a new hall for finishing cylinders.
The welding centre with a modern robot handling system goes into operation.
2012
The gas cylinder plant in Grünhain turns ten.
2013
New management at GWG - change of ownership.
2014
New product launch – Premium 21 product line.
2015
We celebrate 85 successful years of gas cylinder production in the Erzgebirge.